Thứ Hai, 14 tháng 10, 2013

iBook Deal

Skylark (ms): I am a IT Networking student that is almost finished with my degree. I got a temp job working for the school district and it may turn permanent. I am very good with windows and linux and I am a hardware geek. When I interviewed for the position they asked what experience I had with macs. Almost the entire school system was on macs because they got tired of viruses. I said none, I have only ever met a couple of people that used them and non that needed repairs. I told them I could learn quickly and pickup as I go and they hired me. Not wanting to fumble around on their time I picked up this laptop to get used to how it works and learn about it. I have learned a good bit about macs with it and find im getting my work done quickly because of the practice.


Edward A. Baker: Apple iBook Laptop, G4 iBook 1.33GHz Processor, 1GB, 40GB, 12.1" 1024x768 Display, Combo Drive ,WiFi, 56K Modem ,10/100 Ethernet , Bluetooth, OS X 10.5 installed, Refurbished ( yes ok, well that is what it said. It is a VERY OLD model and not at all what is photographed, (circa 1985) it turned on but the casing was very shaky and loose, there was a mildew or some gross stain between the apple feature on the outside and the monitor wiggles a bit; not to mention the cracks in the item itself. Not all together sure if it was the way it was packaged but no matter.


Tawny Abernathy "Tawny" (Sonoma,CA, USA): I would sugest getting the os version that just has ppc architecture. If you have the os that has both you are loosing about 10gig. This laptop comes with 40gig so that is 25% of your space.
The battery is very good. I usually get about 4 hrs on it. You would consider this is good by pc standards but consider that when this was new the time was about 6 hrs. There are things you can get like duel battery chargers that charge and maintain two batters so you always have power. Batteries range from $25-60.
At my school I and others have had a problem with staying connected to the net or even being able to connect.With the mac i have not had one problem with connections. It works very well.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét